Thursday, November 6, 2014

My baby boy


One day Kaden came home from playing with his friends and he was fake crying.  When I asked him what was wrong he showed me that he was handcuffed.  What the?
I looked out the window and saw a police car with it's lights on and I saw all the boys in the neighborhood around the car laughing.  Apparently a nice police man was driving through our neighborhood and saw all the boys hanging out.  He got out and talked to them and then started putting handcuffs on them and letting them touch his car and his stuff.  He was a really fun policeman and helped the kids see that policemen are our friends.  All the boys were laughing and having a blast being handcuffed to different things.

The day before Pack Meeting in November we got a text that told us about the "Vegetable Regatta" that the troop was having.  I had no idea what that was so we had to google it.  Kaden and I had 24 hours to create a Vegetable boat that would float and sail. Ridiculous!  We actually put it together a few hours before because of school so we used what we had...avocado.  We hollowed it out, stuck peanut butter in the bottom and created a paper sail.  They had to blow on their sail as they raced it down.  

Kaden's first run was great and got 2nd place, but after it took on water the peanut butter wasn't holding the sail up anymore.  We found a piece of gum in my purse, chewed on it for a second and stuck that in over the peanut butter. It was a sad sight and disgusting.  Fortunately we weren't the only ones with the inexperience, however we did see some awesome vegetables that will we took note of for next year.


One day when neither Spencer or Kaden had school I took them to the Provo Rec Center to swim.  Just the 2 boys... had tons of fun.  I had fun too reading my book.
I love my Kado boy so much!

No comments: