Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Israel Reunion


This Fall marked 25 years since doing a semester abroad to Israel.  TWENTY-FIVE!!!  Am I getting old?  
I still think about it and can't believe I did something so amazing.  I remember thinking that that was something that other people did... then I had the epiphany of "why not me too?"  So I applied but I didn't get accepted because my grades weren't high enough so I took summer dance classes to raise my GPA.  I kept doing odd jobs all over the place to save money hoping it would happen.  I applied again, and this time was accepted but placed 3rd on the wait list.   I remember praying and praying that 3 people would drop out.  Finally, 3 weeks before they left I got accepted!!!  I got to go spend 4 months at the Jerusalem Center to the study abroad program. I have always been grateful for my friend Marie who I went with and gave me the desire to go in the first place, otherwise I never would have thought that I could have gone.

Anyway, a bunch of friends decided that 25 years was worth having a reunion for.  There were several people that came into town especially for the occasion.  It was SO great to see everybody and most everyone did NOT look 25 years older.

My friends, Vicki and Cindy.
Kami Lloyd... friend from pageant too.
More Pageant friends, Kami, Koni and Jen.
Wendy was my room mate but also had gone to the Pageant.
Posing with the mummy that someone brought.  This was the group that stayed later, we just didn't want to leave and say good-bye.
The main group of people that came.  We had a pretty good turn out.
Kathie, Wayne, Chris and I were had so much fun together in Israel.  We loved to play tricks on each other and be silly.
Three of our 4 Galilee Roomates.
I am always amazed when I think about my trip to Israel.  It was completely part of the Plan for me to go.  I can't believe how many friendships I made that blessed my life so much. The only person that I planned to go with was Marie. There were lots of "Pageant" people that I sort of knew before but going to Israel just sealed the deal for us and bonded us for life.  Besides the ones I mentioned above, Emily Moesser who I lived with when we were in kindergarten and her mom was my first and 3rd piano teacher... we went together.  Jane Malcarney from Pageant, Page Clark from Provo High.  Etc etc.  Anyway, it was a great group of people. Loved it and loved getting together at our reunion! 

No comments: