Thursday, December 4, 2014

This is the Night We've Waited For



Our usual Family Home Evening night had arrived and since it had been a crazy day and neither Jana nor I had put much thought into our FHE, she called and told us to meet them at her parents house... Scott and Angelle, Grandma and Grandpa Jello.
Sitting there in their front room with them brought back many memories of growing up and spending time at their house.  Scott gave us a great super lesson and shared a story that I remember him telling at Education Week.  My kids were enthralled with his story telling and Spirit. 
Then we did our usual acting out of stories.  
The kids had to act out a story showing how they were being rude to someone then turned it around to how they were serving someone else. We had to guess what they were doing to serve.  It was hilarious.





It is such a blessing to my children to have Family Home Evening with the Christensen/Andersons once a month.  They are a wild family and yet they each have strong testimonies.  My favorite is when Jana teaches.  My kids listen to her.  Jana says what I say but in a different way and with such a strong Spirit.  I am grateful that they have her to look to as a great example of a woman!  Our secret desire is that we get some kind of wedding out of this mix, but for now I'm grateful that Emmy and Annie are bestie friends and that we have these great people in our life!  Who would have ever thought I'd live in Bluffdale too?  Ha!

No comments: